Hi Everyone,

 I just joined the list. After using a point & shoot for the last 10
years I've decided to go back to a SLR. I had a Pentax MX and several
lenses, but when it got stolen, I moved down to a P&S. I decided to
get a used Nikon FM, as a friends father wants to sell his outfit,
and I can get a good price. It's a one owner, pristine early model
FM, a MD-12,and a 50mm f2.0. He originally said it was a 50mm 1.8,
but he hasn't used the camera in years and when he went to check, it
turned out to be a 2.0. I know nothing about this lens. Should I decrease
the price that we had agreed on, since it's slower ? Since it was bought
with the camera, it should be an AI, right ? He lives in MI and I in L.A.
so I'm buying the camera sight unseen. I'm guessing it probably needs
a CLA and new foam. Anybody now about how much that should cost ?

Thanks a bunch,

Steve