Kevin,

Boy do I feel sorry for you.  I know the local store (which is one of the
nationally known stores not located in NY) that I shop at has never acted
anything like that.  I look forward to every time I go in there.  I wouldn't
be spending the extra money there if otherwise.  All the employees there
knew and had let me play with the F5 months before I purchased it.  Their
biggest weakest are special orders, so if it is something B&H carries I will
order it from them.   Personally Kevin, if I were you I would call the
manager or owner and tell them your situation, and if you don't get a HUGE
apologize, tell them to look up how much money you've spent there and tell
them you'll be dealing with B&H.