For those of you who have complained of excessive looseness of the lenshood
supplied with the 80-200/2.8 AF-S try this: After you line up the white dots
and rotate the hood into place, try turning it just a bit more. My dealer
pointed this out to me.  The hood actually snaps into place and once it
does, it ain't goin' nowhere! For me, this is something of a moot point as
the hood is way too big to be of any practical use. As it is, the nude lens
barely fits in most camera bags.  I use a 77mm collapsible rubber hood made
for the Mamiya RB/RZ lenses.  Very portable, very well made.

One other tidbit for afficianados of Arca-style tripod mounting plates:
Really Right Stuff is taking orders for a new B86 plate designed for the
80-200 AF-S. It will be available in April for $55 plus shipping.

Dave F.