I have just began to invest in F2.8 Nikon lens. My first is the 80-200 2.8
ED-IF which I love. As I move forward to my next...35-70 2.8, I am
questioning which lens are glass, and others plastic. I have not been able
to glean this information from the Nikon lens charts. Can anyone provide a
comprehensive listing of when plastic was introduced, and in which models
plastic vs.. glass is applied. I also wonder whether glass provides better
contrast. I'm aware that both the plastic and glass lens are coated.

Regards

Dan