> I have a problem I hope some of you may have a resolution too. I am
> shooting with the Nikon 70-180 Micro AF Zoom (which I dearly love). With
> the 6T close up dioper attached I can get a life size image with no
> noticeable loss of sharpness. The problem is that I would like to get a
> greater than life size image, say 2X or maybe even 3X. Which would be the
> best way to accomplish this with this zoom? Would extension tubes do the
> job (I am not sure if extension tubes will have the same effect on this
> lens as a normal zoom)

Bobby,
Extension tubes will allow you to gain a large increase in magnification with
this lens. Given that the focal length of the 70-180 micro is about 70mm at
close range, a long extension tube such as the PN-11 (52.5mm) will give you
magnification larger than life-size, but probably not as much as 2x.
The instruction sheet with your micro zoom may give magnification with
various diopters, extension tubes and bellows.

For magnification up to 2x, you could consider a 60mm micro with a PN-11
tube. I use the AF 105/2.8 micro on this tube for magnification up to 1.7x.

For greater magnification, I use a BR-2 reversing ring and extension tubes
with wide angle lenses. My AI 20/3.5 on a reversing ring and 80mm
extension will give me something like 6x life size.

Roland