>ON Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 19:05:06 -0500  Robert Body <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said
>in Nikon Digest V4 #133
>Subject: F5 draining batteries [5]

>I had my F5 for a month now, and I have gone through 4-5 sets of batteries,
>putting in brand new ones every time. I have only taken 6-8 rolls in total.
>While it is true that I leave the camera on when I am just walking for
>hours, I didn't think there would be a big drain if the camera is ON but
not
SNIP    SNIP

Hello Bob,

You probably bought some bad batteries. I averaged about 31 rolls of film
with alkalines (Eveready) and about 91 rolls using lithium (Eveready) at
temperatures between 20 and 50 C. Yes the 50 C is not a mistake, that is
normal summer time over here. They way you went through batteries you
probably bought some bad ones it sounds asd though the 5 has a big problem.

I went to the MN30 (2 on rotation) and average somewhere in between the two,
over the long haul it seemed the cheapest way to go. Good Luck