Cande, I live in the Chapel Hill area and can help you if I know
what kind of things you find interesting.

For starters it is the home of Univ of North Carolina and it is very
close to Duke Univ. There are lots of cultural events always being
offered - music(all kinds), plays, lectures, museum events(Carraviggio
at the NC Museum of Art in Raleigh). There is a town about one hour
drive south of CH(Seagrove) which is one of the oldest active pottery
making venues in the USA, dating back to pre-revolutionary days. Many
of the pottery business have been handed down through the family for
many generations. Much of the work is considered to be classic in its
genre.

Send me a private note for more info. If I am here, I would be willing
to meet you to provide any additional help or advice for you trip.

Regards,

George