>Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 12:24:27 PST
>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Nikon 28-105 AF-S zoom?? [v04.n139/4]
>
>According to the Photodo site, Nikon, in its Thailand announcment of the
>F100, also mentioned a new 28-105 AF-S zoom.  That would mean a 3rd Silent
>Wave Zoom lens in about as many months.
>
>Is there any other confirmation of this new lens?

I have seen and had my hands on that lens already. Would like to say that
it is AF 28-105/3.5-4.5D IF but NOT ED or AF-S. It takes 62mm filters and
uses
two-ring mechanism. It is lightweight and compact, also boasts a very close
minimum focus distance using its macro mode. I haven't seen any picture
that has been taken using this lens yet, though.

Best regards,

Ruckdee, Bangkok, Thailand.

Ruckdee C.  [E20JLS]  http://i.am/renardnolt
-------