> > 2. 50mm f/1.0D AF-S
>
> Who need such a lens? It will be bulky and expensive.

So is the Noctilux...a *fantastic* Leica lens. I wish Nikon made something
comparable.

>  And what can you shoot with such a shallow DOF at f/1.0 ?

The possibilities are endless for those shooters who possess a creative vision.

>  I have yet to see sharp lens at f/1.0 (Canon had 50/0.95 for their
> rangefinder cameras and it was not particularly sharp).

Sharpness is not the only criteria for a successful image. With selective
application of critical focus, many images shot at f/1.0 can be quite stunning.