Hi Folks,

 I just bought a Nikon FM, 50mm f 2.0, and MD-12. I'm now looking for a
telephoto
or maybe a zoom, and have a few questions. I would love a 180mm 2.8 but can't
afford one. Im thinking about a fixed 200, or zoom 80 - 200.  How is the AI
200mm
f4 ? There is a AI and AIS version, are they just different versions of the
same
lens ?

 I'm also thinking about a 80 - 200, and they made two different models that
would be suitable for me. There is a f4.5 AI and a f4.0 AIS. Could someone
elaborate on the strengths, weaknesses, and differences of these two lenses ?

 Will either zoom be *almost* as sharp as the fixed 200 ?

Thanks,

Steve