I bought a used 35-70mm 2.8 lens and noticed a noise when I shake the lens back and
forth. I also found that the front element is loose. If I hold one section of the
filter ring between my thumb and finger I can move it about 1 - 2 mm. As the lens
focus is changed the loose location rotates.

My 75-300 and 85 mm lenses make some noise and have a little play in the front element
but this seems excessive.

For those of you who use this lens, is this typical of wear or do you think it took a
hit on the floor?

Anyone have an idea of the cost for Nikon to correct it?

Art Ozsvath