>Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 11:49:53 -0800
>From: Dan Nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: 55 micro vs. 60 micro [v04.n252/6]
>Message: 6
>
>Also, besides going to 1:1 and having AF (and flash D features), what does
>the 60/2.8D micro have over the 55/2.8 micro AIS?
>
>Second, why does the 60/2.8 micro have a 62mm filter thread, while the
>105/2.8 has a 52mm thread?  I'm tempted to get the 55 micro AIS for this
>very reason

Dan,

In order to engineer the lens to go 1:1, the designers were forced to
make it larger therefore the filter size on the 60/2.8 is 62mm. Other
design capabilities allowed them to maintain the 52mm filter size on the
105/2.8 Micro. Personally, I would go with the AF versions on both
lenses. That way they will communicate fully to the electronic cameras
and also give you 1:1 without any needed accessories.

Ed