I'll try to end this since i am the one who started this, apparently.

I am the one who said that 80% of the ppl owning an F5 don't need it. In my
opinion. That was a fairly educated guess. (seven year photo experience). I
never meant to judge anyone, although I still think you should rather spend
your money on glass (or film), since that's where the picture taking is. the
camera is just a black box. I also said that in I'd rather spend the money on a
trip around the world, but that's personal.
Furthermore, If I was sent out to Bosnia (for example) to take photographs, I'd
probably buy an F5 myself. but, as it is now, I don't need it.
My email was written in a reply to all of the pro body owners (with a large
percentage of them F90 owners) who think you can't make decent photographs if
you don't have at least an F90. This is ridiculous nonsense, as most of you (i
hope) shall agree.
I thought that i should write my initial mail to say I disagreed with this. Me
being a professional photographer, earning enough to buy an F5 once in 1 1/2
month without eating a sandwich less.
I own an F70, which I use for 50% of my 35mm work. It is a reliable camera. If
I need a little more ruggedness, i take my F3. Which is of course a pro model,
is a lot more expensive than an F70, but I bought it secondhand 5 years ago. (I
have the idea it is even more rugged than an F5 (YES, I have worked with the
F5) and it is certainly more reliable, since it is less complicated.(there are
simply fewer things that can go wrong with an F3)
Now, for the envy thing. that is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard.
I own:
NIKON: F3HP with motordrive (MD-4) Ni-cd battery(MN2) MK1 F70d     AF
35-70/2.8D, 35/1.4A SB28, El Nikkor 50mm f/2.8 (new type)
HASSELBLAD: 500C, 501C/M, 503CW, PME-90 prism, CF 80/2.8, C150/4.0, CF 40/4.0
FLE CF 180/4.0, polaroid 100 back, bellows hood, 3 A12 film backs.
MAMIYA: M645 pro TL with a 80mm and a 150 mm lens and bellows hood
ELINCHROM one 1500w head, two 500's and 1 250.
DURST: L1200, L1000
SCHNEIDER: Componon S f/5.6 80mm
and a whole array of B&W filters

There. i am not envious of F5 owners, nor did i enjoy spending this kind of
money on my equipment. But it did pay for itself (after 5 years of hard labour)
I am happy with my stuff, please be happy with yours, whatever it is, but don't
say anybody else's camera's are not capable of producing good pictures. Every
Nikon is, be it an F50 or F5 (there's only one 0 difference there...)

Joffrey