I posted a message about this a couple months ago, and did receive
several responses to my question. However, maybe I wasn't clear enough
on how little I have available to spend on a lens...

Can someone suggest an AF-  "D" if possible, lens for portraiture that
may be in the 200 USD price range? I would like a 2.8,  but I'm sure
that they all would be over my limit. A 35-105? 20-200? 70-200? Fixed
85? Fixed 105? I own an N60. If someone would like to e-mail me in
private about some possible Tamron, Tokina or Sigma lenses that have a
good reputation, I would be very grateful. I'm not sure I can afford
anything Nikon, other than the 35-80 AF-D 4-5.6 that came with my kit.

Thanks all - - I enjoy the list a lot.

Brian