All,
There has been much discussion abouy the myth that no one really NEEDS an
F-5 and I would like to despell that ugly rumor. As a skilled, Knowledgable
photographer, if a friend told me they wanted to photograph a beautiful
scenic vista. Then said they needed a 4 x 5 camera to do so, I would
Understand why. The answer, they want to take advantage of the large format
to capture the image in all its creamy, saturated, high resolution
splendor. Similarly if they said they they wanted to photograph an intense
hurricane at the precise moment that it lifts a 18 wheel truck and hurles
it like a matchbox toy,or any other situation that exists only for a
fraction of a second in time and is then gone forever. And they want a
perfectly exposed, pin sharp image every time.  That they want to produce
an image that was totally impossible to capture only a few short years ago,
(except by luck, by  accident or being able to set a camera to take 3
frames per second until the image happened, and could afford that), then
too would I understand that, YES, they do indeed NEED an F-5.
Regards,
Richard
--
Richard D. Scherrer