I recently bought the Sigma APO 1.4X EX Teleconverter.  I have received
several requests to report on it.  I have only used it with teleconverter
with the AF 300mm f/4 ED-IF. According to the instruction sheet with the
two 300mm Nikkors, the f/4 and the f/2.8.  I would imagine it would also
work with the new AF-S 80-200 f/2.8.  Construction seems very good
and it is a little more compact than the TC-14B. I am very pleased with the
results so far.  I cannot tell the difference between this TC and
the Nikon TC-14B in looking at my slides.  I managed to get to within
about 30 feet or less of a Great Blue Heron.

http://www.erols.com/ann.searle/Birds/Heron99-05-32.htm

This was taken with a N90s, AF 300 f/4, Sigma 1.4x Teleconverter and
Kodak E200 film.  Exposure was wide open (f/4 which was effectively f/5.6)
at about 1/800.  Note the drab winter plumage.

Now to get on my soap box:  Why do we have to resort to off brand
teleconverters and extension tubes?  Why doesn't Nikon make them?
After reading on this list how well the off brand extension tubes work
I bought a set of Kenko tubes.  They work great but the quality of
construction stinks.  All three tubes have a different feel when I put
a rear lens cap on them.  No uniformity in construction.  But since they
work so well, even with flash, why doesn't Nikon make them?

Art

Art Searle, [EMAIL PROTECTED], Lake Grove, NY, USA
20 miles east of Nikon USA     www.erols.com/w2nra
The United States of America - Nulli secundus