>Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 22:46:11 -0800 (PST)
>From: Robert Nicholson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: UV Filter for Nikkor 20-35 [v04.n256/7]
>Message: 7
>
>When ordering an L37C for my 20-35mm AFD lens. The CWO salesperson
>suggested that I needed the slimline version which B+W makes. He said
>that the L37C caused vignetting.

Robert, that's pure baloney. Nikon is quite strict about system
compatibility and they design their lenses so that they will not vignette
with one Nikon filter and the recommended hood attached.

If you notice, all Nikon filters have very slim mounts which ensures no
vignetting when used with wide-angle lenses. I would be very suprised if
the Nikon L37c filter vignettes on the 20-35/2.8.

Ed