I have a few questions regarding the AF Assist on the SB-28. I am using it
on an F4s.
1) If the flash is taken off camera with a bracket, should I be looking for
some sort of distance compensation, since the flash is now up, and slightly
forward? Or, can I simply compensate for this with a smaller aperature
(greater dof).
2) Will the AF assist work in modes other than TTL and Program?
3) Is the focus indicator in the viewfinder supposed to do anything special
when the AF assist is on and working?
Thank You in advance for your help. I mostly shoot outdoors and use a flash
for fill flash, but I would at least like to know how the AF assist works in
case I'd like to use it at some point.

Eric Edelman