It depends! <G>

For about a year, I was absolutely pleased with the in-store, one-hour
processing at Costco. The negs were treated carefully and were clean
and free of stains or chemical matter.

Then the employees changed and there was a "learning period" before
they became skilled enough to do a job that I thought was good enough.
...Got a scratched roll and stopped using them. After I thought the
new guys were up to speed, I used the service again with no problems.

It's my opinion that really good color processing, even machine
processing, depends on attention to the "little things" like proper
replenishment and physical care used to handle negatives. If employees
are taught the correct way, their results can be excellent.

Of course, the same is true of the best pro labs. Again, it depends.
If I've got a pro job to process, it goes to the pro lab. But for a
lot of personal, casual stuff, Costco is pretty good. IMO, a lot
better than many small quicklabs.

DaveinFLL...keep your negs clean!