Benjamin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
my sister in law asked me to be the photographer on her wedding.
I would very appreciate any kind of advice about:
- - right lens
- - usage of flash bracket
- - right film
- - some special filter

My equipment: F(N)70, 24-50/3.3-4.5D, 85/1.8, 80-200/2.8Dnew, SB-26 with
SC-17.

Thanks in advance.

I saw your posting in the Nikon Digest about help photographing a wedding.
Your camera is more than adequate.  My partner and I have been photographing
weddings with Nikons for several years.  My main camera is a N8008, which I
now supplement with a N70.  The lens for 90+% of the pictures is a 35-70mm AF.
Occasionally I switch to a MF 105mm (some ceremony shots), or a 24mm (if the
dance floor is small and crowded).

I usually begin with the N8008 and flash (Vivitar 285 or Nikon SB20) on a
bracket (I use Stroboframe Quickflip)  This will eliminate unwanted shadows
and reflections, and will assure flash coverage for vertical shots.   Film is
Fuji NPH (ISO 400).  Shooting at f8, flash coverage is good.  This setup is
used for pictures at the house, church, and groups and portraits.

If outdoor portraits and groups are taken, I usually use the SB20, with the
camera in A or P mode and +.3 exposure compensation.  By the reception I
usually switch over to the N70 and mount the SB20 directly onto the hot shoe,
as it is even less cumbersome, and we shoot the entire reception in horizontal
format (looks better in album).

Your equipment is fine with the N70, SB26 and SC17.  Your lenses certainly
cover the full range needed.  You may use telephoto focal lengths for some of
the ceremony shots; I would guess the 24-50mm would be the lens most often
used.

BTW, the litle built-in flash is perfect for picture of the cake and close up
of the hands with wedding rings.

I wouldn't get too involved with filters, other than perhaps a diffuser for
bridal portraits.

Gene
A&G's Picture This, Inc.