> After all these years of watching enviously some of the
> C developments (from which N learned enough that with the
> F100 for the first time since the N8008, of two competing
> bodies the N wins imo), I am going to try to use both
> systems to exploit the best lenses and features of each.
>
> For me this means IS and TSE lenses which are clearly missing
> in N. For other lenses, the choice is less clear, though
> 17-35 (I know the N 20-35 might be slighly better, but its not 17),
> 70-210 (I found N 80-200 to be bigger and heavier).
> This way I won't have to miss my Nikons !
>
> After all, why one should be stuck with one system ?
>  the only real investment is an EOS body
> (I would have bought the lenses in the N line if they
> existed anyway), and even the cheap EOS are good.
> I hope that won't be more confusing than using several
> formats, which I do already. Do other people on this list
> use C equipment as well ?
>
> Tuan.

Hello.
I agree, that there is no need to be stuck in one system, as long as you can afford
it. the only
drawback I see is that by adding a small C system, it would probably take some time to
learn its
interface, and *might* cause you to loose some shoots that you wouldn't have missed If
you had the
familiar Nikon system you use.
I too am considering trying an EOS 3 with an IS lens, just to see what all the fuss is
all about.
Worse comes ro worse, I'll just sell it and get an F100. But i am curious, as I havent
handled a C
body except for an old EOS 620 I had ages ago. I am interested to see how the IS
lenses work , and
especialy I want to see If they are sharp anough and contraty, otherwise they are
useless to see.
But I guess i wont know till i try it. One feature that i will definately love with
the EOS 3 is the
multi spot capability which i often use on my OM4Ti.
>From what I have seen though, the EOS bodies arent as well made, but then again, i
>dont have much
experience with them.