I just tried to rewind film in my F5 and what I read in the manual isn't
consistent with my experience.

1. For me to rewind film I had to _hold_ the rewind button (1) down whilst
depressing (2) with the lever up. When I released button (1) it stops
rewinding.

the manual gave me the impression that all I needed to do was press and
release (1) and then flip the lever up and it would begin rewinding. This
is not consistent with what I observed.

Also, to manually rewind with the crank I also had to keep (1) depressed
whilst turning the crank. This is also not what the manual suggested.

So, who is right and why would my experience be different than the
manual?

Also, anybody know if Phototronics in Seattle/Bellevue can program F5's
to leave the leader out?