Dan Nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Second, I'm not sure I like the slip-on leather lens cap.  Does
Nikon make
>an 82mm lens cap?

Is this similar to the caps offered with big lenses such as my
800mm f/5.6?
The reason I bring it up is because they seem constructed the
same way the leather lens pouches N sold back in the 70's were
and may still sell for all I know. The finish on the "leather"
has disintegrated on all my pouches. They are no longer usable
due to all the little black flakes falling off them. I hope the
caps don't suffer the same fate as they might be very difficult
to replace and are certainly essential.
Incidentally, I find these big, floppy caps a nuisance to remove
and replace in any event.
--
Terence A. Danks
Nova Scotia, Canada