Sam Doshi wrote:

"I plan to buy an FE2 and an FM as my F801/N8008 probably
won't survive two months in Africa, so I need to buy some second hand MF
lenses."

A backup body is always a good idea, but I think that your F801s is
built well enough to survive two months in Africa.

Besides, you can use your AF lenses on the MF bodies. Some AF lenses
have wide and not so "AF-loose" focusing ring for manual use, and can be
used satisfactorily this way.
Consider also that if your kind of work will be photojournalistic, a
medium range zoom (i.e. 28-85) can be very useful.

Anyway, my suggestions are:
24 mm 2.8 + 50 mm 1.8 + 105 mm 2.5
or
24 mm 2.8 + 85 mm 1.8