>>my sister in law asked me to be the photographer on her wedding. <<

DON'T DO IT!!!
Volunteer to take pictures at the wedding but DO NOT
take on the responsibility of being THE wedding photog.
This is a specialty field and, trust me, you are going to
fail their expectations in some way. There are scores of horror
stories of relationships destroyed by false and un-negotiated
expectations on both sides.

I urge you to have them hire an official photographer and
offer to take some personal, amateur shots on your own.

(No, I am not a professional photographer.)

....patrick