Hello all,
     I hope all of you guys & gals are doing well. I don't mean to sound
old-fashioned, but this whole digital fad seems to defeat the purpose of SLR
cameras to me (yes I am an amateur, so maybe what I am saying is junk, but it's
my opinion nonetheless...) I agree with Ron Hashiro's signature message:
"Digital is the root of all evil". In Digest #259 there is a post that talks
about this:
(snip..)
Well, it is now reported that there will soon (June, 1999) be an electronic
(1280 x 1024 pixel) cartridge the shape and size of a standard 35 mm film
cartridge which can be used in any 35mm camera...
(snip)
There is no LCD screen with which to view your just taken pictures.
(snip)
The second big  missing item is that there is no interchangeable film picture
storage device i.e. flash memory card or whatever, to go along with this
electronic film cartridge.
(snip)  Pros could never work like this.

I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings whatsoever, but if you want so many
digital things on your camera, why don't you go out and buy yourself a digital
camera, instead of trying to transform SLR into digital cameras. There is a
saying in my country that means something to the likes of don't bite something
that will be too big for you to chew. It is my thinking that if Nikon starts
diversifying and starts making digital cameras it's going to have to invest less
in their SLR's and their quality would go down, etc. I personally like learning
to take pictures: experimenting with different apertures and shutter speeds and
wait to see what will come out. This is the "microwave-age": we want everything
5 minutes ago. I don't think this should apply to photography.

This is my personal opinion.

Sergio Villa
San Jose, Costa Rica