I know that Fungus and Desiccants have been well discussed topics on this list, but I
was wondering if anyone has heard of a product called Dri-Z-Air?  The package states
that it removes excess water.  It is a white granular material that contains calcium
chloride.  To use it, you pour the granules into a basket/containment bowl fixture.
Moisture is absorbed out of the air by the granules, and a mixture of the water and
Dri-Z-Air drips into the bowl.  You then have to periodically empty the bowl and
refill the granules.

I'd like to know if anyone has had any experience with this product, and if there are
adverse side effects to lens coatings, etc. caused by the reaction between water and
the calcium chloride.

It's cheap and I'd like to use some in the cupboard where I store my (Nikon) gear, but
not if there's  a chance it could cause damage.

Thanks,

Mark