Ben:

I would agree with Pat.  I am a Professional Photographer. Unless this
is your forte, I recomend that you make the offer that Pat suggests.
Wedding Photographers know how to create and get the kind of shots that
are requiered.  They know how to deal with the other sevices such as the band
or DJ and the caterer. Bring your camera and take some personal shots, maybe
shoot B&W, make some prints and give them to the bride and groom as a
gift.  This is truly the way to go.  And you will be a hero.  If you are going
to do this, be VERY! VERY! VERY! sure that you can deliver the goods.

Sam