Subject: Re: Volunteer Wedding Photographer [v04.n261/2]
From: "Eric Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I defer to everything Eric said. Great post! Lots of
usable suggestions.

My cautions were not directed at technical abilities,
experience or results. They were meant to emphasize
the personal relationship land mines which usually
arise from un-negotiated, post dramatic stress, and
surprising expectations. I would still insist on a
pro doing the pro's work and offering to add some shots.

Another point made by Eric and not often appreciated:
If you photograph, forget about participating. It's hard,
though rewarding, work and to do it justice it will demand all
your attention and effort. I too have been most satisfied
with some of my wedding results, but not as the primary
photographer.

Good luck and congratulations to the B&G....patrick

Pat Warnshuis wrote:

> >>my sister in law asked me to be the photographer on her wedding. <<
>
> DON'T DO IT!!!
> Volunteer to take pictures at the wedding but DO NOT
> take on the responsibility of being THE wedding photog.

Well, I'd also advise caution, but I have done this before for
friends and relatives,... Some of the nicest people
shots I've ever got have been at weddings. The results won't
necessarily be poor.
.....Eric