Robert ,
 I couldn't agree more. While I shoot Nikon Because it is the only camera
system on the market imploying the level of technology that it does and is
therefore the only one capable of capturing those situations that exist
only for a fraction of a second and are then gone forever. This is the
camera that is distinctly suited to my particular NEEDS. If I was a
photojournalist "sneakeng" shots of the continuing struggle for freedom in
China, I would most likely be carrying a couple of small quiet, unobtrusive
Leicas as they would best suit that particular situation.
There is a right and a wrong tool for every job. The only problem that I
have with canon is it is not the right tool for any job, frankly. They are
notorious for releasing technology before it is perfected, which is why
their cameras have a reputation for not working very well. I need
Professional equipment, not up scale amature junk. Durability not plastic.
A photographer friend of mine who shoots whitewater rafting shared with me
some facts that she had discovered in her line of work. Each summer for the
past 10 years she would hire about 5 photographers to shoot the whitewater
rafting adventures and then sell the pics to the rafters at the end of
their run. The photographers that she hired who shot canon averaged 20% to
30% sharp usable photos per roll and shoot reams more film. The
photographers who shoot Nikon used little film and got 80% to 90% sharp
usable images per roll. So lets cut it with the canon rhetoric and let the
facts speak for themselves. canon only exists because of its zealots, who
will buy any matter of junk that canon throw out at there feet and says
"take these idols and worship them" because they know that they will. canon
is all about marketing and not about photography.   FYI...the word canon
means "religious order" or "ecclesiastical law"...look it up!  SCARY !!!
huh?  Because canon has a marketing strategy that is aimed at singling out
these types of personalities to build their consumer base. It's ALL marketing.
Regards,
Richard
--
Richard D. Scherrer