> Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 21:56:30 +0100
> From: Wolfgang Spekner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Architectural Photography [v04.n264/16]
> Message: 16
>
> Dear friends,
>
> I have to do some shooting of the architecture of sport
> stadiums (arenas), to convert the photographs into high-resolution
> quicktime-VRs. So I guess I need a lens with rather no distortion.
>
> My setup is:
> F-601 (N6006)
> AF-D 20/2,8
> AF 50/1,8
> Tamron 90/2.8D Macro
>
> plus some zoom lenses, which will be useless I guess.
>
> I'd really like to know what you people would use in my place. (I could
> also get a MF 24/2,8 if necessary.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Wolfgang Spekner

1)  Get a very solid tripod, and a very good panoramic
    tripod head designed to place the camera's film plane at
    the exact pivot point of the tripod.  For example, see:
    http://www.kaidan.com/generalSource2/checklist.html

2)  The 20mm AF-D lens is good.  You might want to consider
    a 15mm and 35mm if you can get your hands on one.

    Stick with the primes.  You don't need the grief of zoom
    creep messing up the panoramic series.

    If you have some film, hard disk and RAM to burn, try the
    85mm f1.8D.

3)  Practice and perfect first, then go out on the assignment.

Ron H