Hello Nikon world,

I've noted a fair bit of discussion in the last few digests about the "Imagek"
electronic film module.  For mine I hope it works as stated, it will give
anybody a digital answer without a special camera and the benefits of Nikkor
optics rather than the lenses usually seen in digital cameras.

However, there is one point I did read somewhere (can't remember where now :-(
) that this device will cause your lenses to act as if they were approx 2 (I
think it was 2.1, can't be sure) times their normal length.

So if this is indeed the case wide angle shots will be difficult, a 20mm lens
will act like a 40mm.  It will be great for 'out-there' shots though.  That
70-300 lens will now be a 140-600, and if you have a 600mm and teleconverter,
well, you've got a 1680mm lens (2400mm if you use the 2x tele at f/8).

Everything has it's good and bad side.

Provided it fits as indicated, it should work with most Nikon cameras, but what
about the F50 / F60, do they have manual ISO setting or do they only read the
cartridge in DX mode?  Will the cartridge come marked, like a film can, to set
the DX at 100?

Keep the great shots coming.

Best,

Eric