Hello everybody!

I am thinking of getting an FA or an FE-2 as back-up body. I posted a
question a few days ago, and I am very grateful for the information I
received.... this list is great!

Although I received a lot of information, I am still not decided on which
model I will buy.... but there is something that I would like to ask:

I am not much of a speedlight user (I prefer available light), but I use it
sometimes. Since I usually don't like to use the flash at the synch speed
(the background appears too dark), I would like to have the possibility of
using the camera in Aperture priority mode AND use the speedlight.

In the F3 that I use as main body, I can do that by putting a small piece
of isolating tape on the middle-contact (flash-ready indicator), and then I
lose the flash-ready light...but I can still use the camera in Aperture
mode with TTL flash.

My question is that this same thing can be done with the FE-2 and/or the FA.

Thank you very much

Marc