> Les Bonser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On my new lens, there is only a DOF range for only f22 and f16. All the
> rest are so shallow, they are not even marked; they all run into the focus
> dot.

I suspect the difference isn't the depth of field being different.
The AF lenses typically need less travel of the focusing ring to
accomplish the same change in focus plane.  Aren't the numbers on the
ring closer together?  So, the problem is simply that for the same
depth of field, the marks will be closer together.

Don't look at the spacing of the dots, look at what focus distance
numbers they point to.

Also make generous use of the DOF preview button.

Dan.