Hey,  I am the one who started this thread so if you want to send your
old Nikon gear to anybody when you switch to Canon, it ought to be me.
 I believe I have earned the right of first refusal to this free gear.
:)

To Michel, whose Nikon rep said that Nikon would not be putting SW
motors into more lenses because the only reason is to push a large
piece of glass, I must ask what about the new 28-70mm lens.  It can't
be that big of a piece of glass, can it?  And I recall talking to a
Nikon rep in 1997 who told me that Nikon had NO PLANS to put an SW
motor in the 80-200 f/2.8 zoom. So much for accuaracy of the reps.  I
do wish that Nikon would make a public announcement of its intentions
in regards to SW motors, IS and more.

Also, as far as Nikon not doing things like Canon, I think you are
suffering from the change of systems.  I know that when I shoot Canon
stuff I often fumble around with it since I previously  used  an N90s
and sometims a buddy's F5.

cu