Dave wrote:

>I will likely be shooting a NASCAR stockcar autorace in the near future.
>Most of the time will be spent just behind the pits. I currently own a N70
>with a 35-80 offbrand lens and a N 80-200 2.8D. It has been suggested that
>I'll need a second body with a wide angle lens for the race.

Dave,

I've successfully shot the Brickyard 400 at Indy with an F301 and a 28-85
AIS. I didn't feel 'undergunned'. My shooting was done from behind the
pits, from the front stretch inside grandstands and from the third turn
outside grandstands.

This has been a good reminder. I'll have to post the photos on my web site
one of these days.

Best regards,

Stew

--
Photo Web pages: http://www.inficad.com/~gstewart

UNIX: It's not just 'User-Unfriendly', it's 'Proactively User-Hostile'!

Nothing generates so much silence as confronting a person with an
undeniable truth which is contrary to that person's beliefs.

Manual cameras, Luna-Pro's and stick shifts.