Hi Guys and Gals

I (and many others) are really starting to get a headache with the N vs
C vs N stuff. Can we please stop now?

But just before we do, sorry, can't resist ...

We all know that because you have to take your F5 to Nikon service and
get it re-programmed to leave the film leader out; and because you have
to press TWO buttons to initiate rewind on the F5, Canon are WAY ahead,
don't we???

RE: F5 battery drain

Dan, my experience with lithiums has been about 40 rolls. This usually
includes a few rolls of "bulb" shots, typically of the order 10 to 30
minutes.  As it appears you have a relatively new F5 I would guess that
the battery consumption software has already been modified. You can
actually tell by noting the number imprinted in the film cassette
chamber.

If you are doing "normal" (ie no excessive AF etc) photography, in not
very cold weather, and the batteries are fresh I would contact Nikon
service and explain the situation. 15 rolls was about what I was getting
per set of alkalines, but either way don't expect to get 250 from
lithiums.

Hope this helps.

Rob
Perth, WA