Bill;
    I purchased one for Pentax TTL a few years ago that
worked fine. I have no idea if the company is still in
business but the name is (or was)
New Idea Inc.
P.O. Box 344
Skokie, IL    60076

This is stamped on the shoe. I'm quite sure that Nikon
was available but can't be certain. If you do find that
a Nikon cord is available please let the list know. I think
the Pentax cord was about $25.

Don Cooper
Does no one make knockoffs of Nikon flash synch cords?  I don't see that

there's anything proprietary about a flash cord, or an electronic
release
for that matter.  At the prices Nikon charges for these you'd think
someone
would be producing copies at a fraction of Nikon retail.