Because of several questions in this direction I'm
givig my Nikon F100 Report here. I have excanged
one of my old f4 bodies and some cash for this new
camera body.

a) I've shot 288 slides until now. They all came out perfect.
    As with all new camera bodies I shot in P(rogram) mode
    first to get used to the feeling, then in A(utomatic), then
    M(anual) in different light conditions. Subjects were
    people, landscape, macro, interiors with flash (SB 26
    and SB 23). No problems at all.
b) That mirror lock-up is missing is  not a problem at all -
    for me, granted. As I already wrote "When not doing
    macro, astrophoto or microscope work you just don't
    need MLU in my opinion. If you want MLU, just buy
    an old F4, it's cheap nowadays".
c) I have thrown the small plastic ocular cover into my
    "odds and ends" container, because I use the DK-6
    rubber eye cover. My solution to the - very few - times
    I need to cover the ocular is a round black plastic disk
    cut out from a film container. It fits perfectly.
d) As I use NiMH accus in all my equipment, I have tried them
    in the F100 also. The instruction booklet says nothing
    about these accus, only about lithium batts. And I don't
    want to buy a MB-15/ML-15 gizmo, after all I want a
    camera body that's small and light, not as big as a f4s or
    f5! It's quite cold outside now, but after 8 films there's
    still enough power left in my NiMH's to take 2 hours to
    discharge in my NiMH charger.
e) I had a bad fright today, because I thought the camera
    had dropped out of my bag. Luckily it was still inside,
    only it's so small and light after lugging the f4s around...

Alex