Hello fellow gearheads,

A small correction to earlier posts about multiple exposure using F5 and
F100:

The F5 can be set with a CF to do multiple exposure the same way as the
F100. The standard operation is that you have to set the multiple exposure
once for every additional frame, but setting  the CF will change the ME
button to be a toggle button.

Personally I find this a little dangerous - it is easy to forget to turn off
the ME setting. I did this once (silly me), and lost ten or fifteen shots
that I cannot recreate. I have now learned my lesson, and also changed the
ME CF back to the standard setting.

The standard setting seems consistent with the whole philosophy of the F5
ergonomics design: always additional safety steps to make sure that no shots
are lost by accidentally changing a setting. Other controls that work this
way are:

- Rewind: two buttons, two hands required.
- Film advance switch: lock button (also on F100?)
- Power on button: lock button
- focus area lock: two hands
- metering switch: lock button (also on F100)
- back opening: lock button (well, many cameras have this)

Moose Peterson commented that the F100 is like an F5 with all the safety
locks removed, which sounds about right. Nikon must have received some
feedback from F5 users about this. Did they listen to pros or amateurs?

Happy shooting,

Åke Vinberg