SHOOTING WEDDINGS OF RELATIVES

>The last wedding I shot (using my F4), I used -- at the recommendation
>of the local pro shop) NPS 160. Think finally I shot about 8 rolls.

Don't.  Sure do it as an extra but not as the prime shooter, if the pics
are bad you wil have to live with the unhappy couple for a long time, if
they are good then you will be set up for more pics (free, of course!) and
eventually someone will not be happy.  I have shot weddings as an 'extra"
many times, using an F4 and 85/1.8 and SB24 with a Omnibounce.  I used a
60mm macro for the ring shots.  The stroboframe?  Wel I used to have one
and turned it backwards so that the grip was on the right, not the left,
but it loosens quickly, I have gone through a couple of them, no thank you.

Yes my wedding pics turned out great, and sometimes better than the hired
pro, and one time the hired pro even tried "soft focus" not by using a
filter, but by NOT focusing to sharpness!  Needless to say my backup pics
have saved the day now and then, and with family that is how it should be.
Everyone can have a bad dy, and if you have a great day the lab can still
have a bad day!  I shoot Fuji 50 and recommend Cibachromes.

WHAT SECOND BODY?

>       > 1st  question): What second body should I get?  I'm
>       > not a pro, but appreciate the advantages of newer
>       > technology.  I could probably afford a N90s or even
>       > stretch to get a F100, but I'm not sure what that will
>       > buy me.

The best backup body is the sme as your primary.  If this is unaffordable
or undesireable,then go wiht an FM2n for fully manual operation.

Robert in Redlands