Anyone replying to this, please do so off the list. Send any replies to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (to save bandwidth and to avoid a possible war ;-)

Well, I'm thinking about getting a new Nikon body, and I thought it might be
a good idea to ask around about which body might be good for a beginner like
myself. I currently own an FT2, but I'm looking for a camera with more
modern features.

I'm thinking a price range of under $500 for the body, so if anyone has
experience with some of the lower priced Nikon SLR's, I'd greatly appreciate
_any_ advice or input. Most of the shooting I do takes place outside in
wilderness type areas, although I've begun playing around with close up
stuff. I don't know if any of this really matters, but I thought I'd include
it just in case.

Thanks in advance for your help. Again, I'll take any responses off the
list. Send replies to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Joel