Robert-

I have been doing portraits for a long time, and also am about to embark on
the wedding photography path. I just read Steve Sint's "Wedding Photography:
Art Business and Style" in preparation. It seems like a well-written,
complete book. It *does* give one the impression that the ability to juggle
and organize people is THE single biggest task. I will have an assistant to
help me do this so I can concentrate on the photography. I will be using an
N90s, N70, SB-28 (with Lumiquest 80/20) and an 85/1.8 AF-D, and the 20/2.8
AF-D lenses.

I want to make sure that I get a specific list of the poses that they want,
and then I will shoot them and crank off at least three frames of each for
safety. I am going to be perfectly honest with them during the
"consultation" that I have never done a wedding by myself, and that they
will have to:

1. Trust me that I can apply my portrait skills to weddings.
2. Understand that my low payment expectation is commensurate with my lack
of wedding experience.

I will try to build a wedding portfolio slowly and adjust my prices
accordingly once I've reached a level of comfort and competence with
weddings.

It seems like a difficult task, but I think the challenge is exciting. The
real trick seems to be finding that first customer to trust you...

-Bradley

www.hansonphotography.com