I find it interesting that according to the new Nikon USA
catalog the suggested list price for the 80-200 f/2.8D
(non-AFS) is $1,300 and the suggest list price for the
80-200 f/2.8D AF-S Zoom-Nikkor $1,585 or only $285
more than the non-AFS version.  If B&H sells the
non-AFS version for $875 shouldn't we expect to pay
somewhere in the range of around $1,160 for this lens?
The best price I've seen mentioned on this Digest is in
$1,600 neighborhood.  Ouch!

Art

Art Searle, [EMAIL PROTECTED], Lake Grove, NY, USA
20 miles east of Nikon USA     www.erols.com/w2nra
The United States of America - Nulli secundus