Hi Nikon Fans,

I very nearly bought a 15/f3.5 last week. I didn't buy it because it's quite
expensive, and it cannot be used with a polariser. (I suppose it is possible
but the lens has to be taken off the camera to adjust the polariser
everytime.) Also, I felt the push on cap comes off too easily risking damage
to the front element. I would prefer a cap that can be screwed or locked to
the built-in petal shaped hood and a provision for slip-in filters.

Just think, if the 15/f3.5 and all other Nikkors have the same slip-in
filter option, like the long telephoto Nikkors, then we would only need to
buy one set of cheap, small and standard filters ! This option would make
the Nikkors more expensive, but I think the saving on filters would be worth
it. Currently I use filters from 52mm to 95mm, but I don't think I could
complete the range of my 95mm filters because of cost and availability  : (

Happy shooting,

Sover