On Sun, 28 Feb 1999 00:23:39 +0200 J.M. wrote:

> I had a look at the Sigma AF 70-300 f4-5.6 DL
> Macro Super and to me it seemed ok. If there is somebody who has used this
> zoom I would be more than glad to hear your experiences about it. And  also
> from other 3rd party 70-300mm zooms.

I have the Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 AF-D APO Macro and I'm very
happy with it.  Optically, I find it excellent, including at
the macro setting.  The build quality isn't excellent -- mine
is a trifle stiff when zooming between 70mm and 300mm, however,
as an amateur, it satisfies my needs very well.  Obviously,
it would be better with a larger max aperture but then you'd
be in a different price league.

Bye,
Mike
[EMAIL PROTECTED]