After years of living happily with various F3s and FM2s, I recently
purchased a mint F4. Nice camera even it weighs in with Mike Tyson. It
bridges the gap between the old MF world and the end of the 20th century
quite well.

What I would like to know relates to Matrix metering. Basically, to get the
best results with Matrix, would you still try and put your subject in the
centre for metering and then reframe to whatever compostion you were after,
after setting the exposure.

And with Matrix fill-flash, is it more accurate when the subject is near
centre or can it be off to the side and somehow the camera figures out that
this is the subject, not the gate 10 feet behind the person.

Thanks for your help on this.
Cheers
ps. No any good books that would give an in-depth look at the F4 and what
it can do. Thanks again.