> Hi,

I ask this question before with no response so I am trying again.

> I was wandering whether I can use my SB28 flash with my Nikon F FTN. I
> have the AS1 adapter that converts the F flash mount to a standard ISO
> shoe mount, but it seams that if I mount the SB28 on the AS1 some of the
> SB28 SIO shoe contacts will be short circuited to the ground.
Looking at the AS1 I see that the contact area is all metal, and it has a
cutout for the center pin in the flash shoe. However the SB28 flash shoe has
three contacts in addition to the center contact that I think will short
circuit to the ground metal area upon mounting the flash on the AS1.
> Can this fact damage the SB28 or is it designed to work this way?
>
> Thanks for you help,
Ronen Ashkenazi.