[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

I have been thinking of upgrading my sons EM.
The N60 body is in the right price range with enough
features to keep him busy for awhile. I am going to
give him my 28-85 AI-S zoom to go with the body.

Jim said:

The N60 / F60 won't meter with AI-S lenses.  You needed AI-P (rare
expensive long telephotos), or AF lenses.  Also, the high-end AF-S
lenses and AF-I lenses must be focused manually with the 60.

You may be better to get an N6006 / F601.  It won't drive AF-S/AF-I
lenses either but it will meter with manual-focus lenses (as long as
they are AI'd, AI or AI-S - non-AI lenses need conversion).

The lowest new body that meters with AI-S lenses is the F70.

Jim