>Mon, 1 Mar 1999
>Don wrote:
>The biggest advantage of #2 is that you can adjust the
lights just by looking at the subject.  With flash
you don't know what happened until you develop the
film (hence the popularity of Polaroid backs).

I'd look into getting some small studio strobes with
modeling lights before I switched to constant light
sources.<

Recently I got a Hama SF-30E studio flash light for about $100. It is GN36
(in meters), comes with a sync cord, slave sensor, tripod mount and fits in
any nomal E27 lamp socket. There's a guide light in it and flash output is
either full, 1/2 or 1/4. Also available are wide-angle attachments, filters,
softbox, snoot and barndoors all very nicely prized (I think the barndoors
were $20).
I haven't used it yet so I can't help you there. I don't know if Hama is
available outside Europe though.

Greetings,
Rob Weststrate